Best for Sustainable Development Goals Implementations and Reporting.
The SDGs, also known as Global Goals, build on the success of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and aim to go further to end all forms of poverty. The new Goals are unique in that they call for action by all countries, poor, rich and middle-income to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They recognize that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth and addresses a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities while tackling climate change and environmental protection. Learn more, click here > http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/sustainable-development-goals.html
Preference will be given to a tourism company that leverages tourism to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and then transparently reports on their impacts.
Evidence that the Judges will be looking and assessing are:
- Evidence of statements of commitment towards Sustainable Development Goals supported at the highest governance level of the organisation
- Commitments of the business towards Sustainable Development Goals
- Clear reports of the implementations of Sustainable Development records
- Measurable records and positive impacts and changes resulted
- Evidences on -going or past program, project or initiative working towards achieving sustainable development.