Responsible Tourism Tanzania Supported by The Netherlands Agency for the Promotion of Exports from Developing Countries (CBI), The British ABTA and Dutch ANVR travel associations and Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents, invite application to a three day sustainability training for advisor and auditor on the 6th to 8th December 2016 in The African Tulip Luxury Boutique Hotel, Arusha, Tanzania.
THE AIM OF THIS TRAINING IS TO
Acquire the knowledge and practical skills to enable you to support companies to carry out effectively, the integration of sustainability requirements into the daily operations of tour operators and travel agents.
- To provide you a basis to advice companies on how to comply with international sustainability requirements and how to report upon them in the Travelife online system.
- To provide the necessary skills to evaluate the degree of compliance in companies that has submitted the Travelife Report with the purpose of recognition (Travelife Partner) or certification (Travelife Certified).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- At the end of this course you will:
- Understand the principles of sustainability in the travel sector (tour operators)
- Understand the specifics of the standard and criteria and how to comply with them
- Understand the certification and auditing process
- Be able to conduct a desk and on-site audit
- Be able to advise companies that are willing to improve their sustainability
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Advisors and experts in the tourism and sustainability field.
- Travel associations concerned with assisting tour operators on a daily basis towards sustainability.
- Teachers and lecturers of tourism educational institutes.
CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Professional proficiency in the English language.
- Participants are expected to have already understanding of the principles of sustainability in tourism.
- A post training advising session is part of the final qualification.
- You will need to bring your own laptop or Ipad to the training for online assignments.
- Responsible Tourism Tanzania (RTTZ)
- The Netherlands Agency for the Promotion of Exports from Developing Countries (CBI)
- The British ABTA and Dutch ANVR travel associations
- Travelife for Tour Operators and Travel Agents
You can register via the following link: www.travelife.info/workshops/
Deadline for registration is November 20th. As space is limited acceptance of your participation might be subject of a selection process.
Travelife: Naut Kusters, + 31 648 80 54 75, email@example.com
The training seminar will be provided by Naut Kusters (Manager Travelife for Tour operators) who has been a leader in promoting sustainability in tourism since 1993 when he founded the European Centre for Eco and Agro Tourism (ECEAT), a European not for profit organisation promoting and marketing sustainable tourism among small scale rural accommodations. In 2004, Naut co-founded of the European VISIT association, uniting existing ecolabels in the accommodation sector. In 2007 Naut established in close co-operation with the European tour operator associations the Travelife Management and Certification system for Tour operators and Travel agencies which he is still managing. Naut is also one of the founding members of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC). Naut holds amasters degree in environmental science and social forestry from Wageningen University.